Saturday, August 23, 2008

Still Here, Still Pregnant!

We are still at the hospital but hope to try and go home again this afternoon. I had a few contractions last night and a couple more this morning, but nothing to write home about really. The doc put me back on the Procardia and they have stopped. We think that we have figured out what the problem is - dehydration. The contractions always come in the night, after it's been a few hours without drinking (it's a little hard to drink water and sleep at the same time). But they did not hook me back up to the IV since I can't go home with it. So, at 3, it will have been 24 hours without the IV. I want to stay til then and if all is well, head back home.

Thank you to everyone who has sent emails and posted comments. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers through this. And the number of you who have offered to help out with meals and with Sam has been overwhelming to say the least. Thank you all for everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl... I was shocked when I read what happened on Friday / Saturday. You poor thing! I'm so relieved that they got the contractions to stop again. I forgot to bring my cell phone charger to my parents' house so my phone died or I would have called you to check in. Please know that you have been in our thoughts and prayers. We're heading back to Raleigh this afternoon so I'll probably give you a call tonight. Hopefully you'll be back at home by then... But if you're still in the hospital I hope things are under control! Hang in there.

Love ya,
Emily