Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby Girl Update

Well, it looks like this little one is excited to be joining the outside world. We had our routine visit with the docs this morning and found that we are dilated 3+ cms. So, we were sent striaght to the hospital from the office. We checked in here around 11am or so. The doc started us on a drug that will slow/stop the contractions, anitbiotics to help fight off any infections that I may have/be exposed to, a steroid to help Girlie's lung development, and some IV fluids. I will be taking the drug that slows the contractions by pill every 4 hours and the antibiotic is through the IV and every 6 hours. I will have another shot of steroids tomorrow afternoon. They haven't checked me since about 12:30 or so, so we don't know if dilation has continued or slowed down yet. At this point, the ultimate goal is to get the steroids in me and contractions stopped and then get me back home on strict bedrest (I can only get up to potty and shower), hopefully staying pregnant for another few weeks. At the earliest, that will be Friday morning. At the very least, they want to stall labor until the full round of steroids has been administered. So, basically, we know nothing. We may have a baby by the weekend, maybe not. We have been told, however, that if we do have a baby, she will most likely be okay. She may have to spend some time in the NICU, but most likely not too long and for nothing major. Sam seems to be doing well. She was a little taken back when Mommy lost it this morning at the doc's office, but recovered from it quickly. She gave me a hug and told me that everything will be fine. We sent her to some friends' house to play for the afternoon until my mom could get here. Mom is here and she and Jodie are picking her up and bringing her to tell me good night before she and Mom head to the house for the night. Jodie will stay here with me. Please continue to pray for our girls and us. I will keep you all posted as we learn more. Thanks for your support.

No comments: