Friday, August 22, 2008

A Crazy 24 hours

Ready to read a book? So, 24 hours ago we were talking with the doctor about the fact that our contractions had stopped and that I was tollerating the Procardia (contraction stopping drug) fine, and he let us go home. YEAH!!!! We were really happy that we could go home and sit aroung watching TV there. Jodie took me home and settled me in on the couch and went out to get my prescription filled. We headed for bed around 11. Two and a half hours later, I woke up, about 30 minutes prior to the time for my next dose of meds. I lay there for a while and at 1:45am had the first contraction. But since it was so close to the time for my meds, I really didn't get concerned, as I just figured that the last dose had worn off and that as soon as the next one took effect, all would be fine. At 3:00am, after 5 or 6 more contractions, I woke Jodie up. We monitored them together for another hour. During that hour, Jodie began to wonder if the pharmacist had filled the prescription correctly and compared the bottle to my departure instructions. Not only was the prescription right, but I had taken 2 double doses by accident. At that point, we decided to call the doc. He was not worried that I had over medicated myself by accident, but did say that if the contractions continued for the next hour, to come back in. They continued, got closer together and more intense, so we left the house about 5:30 and headed back to the hospital. When we got here, the doc checked me and I had not dilated anymore since Wednesday, which is good. So he re-admitted me to the hospital and hooked me back up to the IV fluids. He made it sound like he was pretty convinced that we were going to have a baby today since I had been taking double the medicine and still having contractions like I was. However, shortly after being hooked up to the IV fluids (saline only) the contractions started to slow and then the intensity started to settle as well. It wasn't long before they stopped all together. At 3 this afternoon, they unhooked me from all of it and moved me to another room. The plan at this point is to take me off of the saline drip and the contraction meds for the night and see what happens. I think that the doc wants to test my body before sending us home again. So far so good. We are just playing the waiting game and try not to go too stir crazy. Other than that we are fine and Sam is having a ball wearing Nana out. We will post more later.

No comments: